Bourgeois Bubble 2.0
These precious bottles flew off the shelves last round and we're expecting no less this season. We've put together some of the most sought after bottles from star producers and the last few bottles left in town. Discover these rockstars in Champagne who farm below 3ha in their region, and making these single terroir, single varietal Champagnes that would rock your world.
Ulysse Collin "Les Maillons" Blanc de Noirs Extra Brut 2016
Often an overlooked region, the Côte de Sezanne boasts of a hidden gem in Olivier Collin. Owning just 2.5 hectares of average 40 year old vines that sit on heavy clay soils over chalk, this wine is made from a single lieu dit, which inspires its name. Made from 100% Pinot Noir, the base wine of 2016 makes up 40% of the Champagne, with its remaining 60% coming from the 2015 reserve. It spent 3 years ageing on lees and was disgorged just last March. Be blown away by this elegant, concentrated expression filled with soft florals and fruit, amazing when paired with light seafood or on its own.
Emmanuel Brochet 1er Cru Le Mont Benoit L16/15
With approximately 2.5 hectares of vines planted within a single lieu-dit named Le Mont Benoit, Emmanuel Brochet produces some of the world’s most sought after Champagne. Emmanuel is as passionate as winemakers get, working almost entirely by himself on his vines which sit on a mixture of silt, clay and chalk. His flagship cuvee is a blend of Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier and Chardonnay, an assemblage of 2 vintages (2015 & 2016), with annual production below 8,000 bottles. Enjoy the pure expression of this single terroir, precise wine hand crafted with the highest level of artistry and finesse.
David Léclapart Champagne Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Premier Cru 'L'Apôtre' 2014
David Léclapart was only 30 years old when he took over the family vineyards and made some radical choices such as full conversation to biodynamic viticulture and zero dosage in their winemaking. The 'L'Apôtre' cuvee is vinified in used oak barrels, purchased from Domaine Leflaive in Burgundy and spent 70 months ageing on lees. It is a pure single year expression from 2014 as David uses no reserve wines, however, manages to produce a very intense and complex Blanc des Blancs.